Welcome to South Benfleet Primary School which has successfully been educating children in South Benfleet for over 90 years. Many of our parents and grandparents were educated here and although teaching methods and curriculum content may have changed over the years, our ethos hasn't. We take great pride in our reputation for being ‘a friendly, caring, family school’.
Parents are encouraged to help in the school and we believe it is vital that they take an active role in their child's education. We aim to keep you informed and involved in a variety of ways - termly open evenings, parent information sessions, annual reports, class assemblies, invites to productions, festivals and sporting events. We have an ‘open door policy’ and would encourage you to speak to us about any concerns you may have and also to share good news.
Our most recent Ofsted inspection in November 2015 provided us with a very positive report and overall we were judged once again to be a good school. Our Early Years provision was judged to be ‘outstanding’. Comments from the report include:-
- ‘Leaders and the governing body provide good leadership. They are passionate about their academy…’
- ‘Teaching is good over time and an increasing proportion of teaching is outstanding.’
- ‘Pupil outcomes are good. Pupils make good progress from their starting points.’
- 'The curriculum is stimulating and enriched with a variety of visits, visitors and clubs.’
- ‘The academy’s work to keep pupils safe is highly effective.’
- ‘Outstanding leadership and management of the early years has ensured that the learning environment is exciting and stimulating, the curriculum is rich and varied and teaching is consistently high quality.’
We hope you will find this website useful and informative. If you would like the opportunity to discuss anything with us, or to look around the school, please contact us so that the appropriate arrangements can be made.
Mr D Carver (Headteacher)